Using the Strategy Builder
Learn how to create a new automation from scratch using the Strategy Builder.
- Name and Target.
- Actions and Conditions.
- Schedule and Notifications.
In this guide, we'll provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to create a new automation strategy from scratch.
1. Name and Target
This is where you set the name of your automation and target campaigns, ad sets, or ads you want your automation’s conditions to apply to.
- Click on the Create New Automation button.
- You’ll get two options: Choose from Library and New Automation. Click on the New Automation option.
- Give your automation a name.
- Add your automation to a folder or create a new one by clicking on New Folder.
- Choose your target: Campaigns, Ad Sets, or Ads from the drop-down.
- Choose selection type: Automatic (All) or Manual from the drop-down — if you chose Manual, make sure to check the campaigns, ad sets, or ads you want your automation to apply to.
- Skip this step if you chose Manual selection. Set up selection filters:
- Choose if the condition should apply to All campaigns or Any campaign.
- Using the drop-down, select the parent campaign, ad sets, or ad.
- Using the drop-down, select to continue filtering by Status of the parent campaign, ad sets, ad or by the Name of the parent campaign, ad sets, ad.
- Using the drop-down, select to include using is or exclude using is not.
- Using the drop-down, choose the delivery type.
- Use the + Filter button to add other filters following the same steps.
2. Actions and Conditions
This is where you set the action, conditions, as well as schedule your Strategies, will run on.
- Using the action button, select the action you want to perform.
- Using the drop-down, choose to perform the action on the campaigns, ad sets, or ads.
- Using the drop-down, choose the date range you want to retract budget data from.
- Using the drop-down, choose the budget settings then enter your budget.
- Optional: Use the + button to add another condition.
- Optional: Use the + Add a new action button to add other actions.
3. Schedule and Notifications
- Using the drop-down choose the schedule you’d like your automation to run on.
- Optional: By leaving the Always run when this automation is active toggle on, it’ll continue to run until you disable it manually. By turning the toggle off, you can decide when your automation will run and stop.
- Optional: By enabling the Email Notification toggle, you will receive an email report each time a condition is met.
After reviewing your summary, you can choose to either launch by keeping the Enable this automation after creation toggle on, or turn it off if you want to go in and review the details one more time before launching.
Once you’re done, click on the Create Automation button.
To activate a premade Strategy without having to start from scratch, click on this guide.