Creating New Ads in Existing Ad Sets
Learn how to create new ads in existing ad sets with this step-by-step guide.
1. Set Product
First, you'll need to set up a product for the ads you want to launch.
You can launch ads with or without a product associated.
Depending on your choice, you can click the Next or Skip button.
Create ads with a Product
Creating ads with a product attributed enables you to:
- Have product assets such as videos and page posts automatically set in the Ad Creatives step
- Save new assets to this product.
Here's how to select a product to launch your ads with:
- Use the search bar to type your product's name
- Scroll down to select a product from the sidebar.
Create ads without a Product
To create ads without a product associated, click on the Skip button.
2. Set Campaign & Ad Sets
Now, you can either create:
- A new campaign
- New ad sets in an existing ad campaign
- New ads in an existing ad set.
In this guide, we'll cover creating new ads in existing ad sets.
- In the Campaign tab, click on Existing Campaign
- Select a campaign from the list
- Click on Existing Ad Sets
- Select ad sets from the list that you want to create new ads in. You can select up to 200 ad sets
- Click Next when you're done
3. Create Ads
The Ad Creatives tab is where you can:
- Create new ad creatives from scratch
- Choose ad creatives from the product
- Select page posts from Facebook pages
- Use ads from previous ad campaigns
- Search Post ID or URL
1. Create new ad creatives
To generate up to 20 ad creatives from scratch, please follow the steps below:
1. Facebook page
In the Pages tab, select the Facebook page you want to create your ads with. You can select multiple pages to test which Facebook page performs the best.
2. Ad copy
Then, in the Copy tab, click on the + button to add multiple text variations to split test. You can save them as a template to reuse later, by clicking on Templates and Save current setup as a template.
Click on the Media tab when you're done.
Now, in the Media tab, you can select:
- All Media tab to use images and videos from products and previous ads
- Current product tab to use creatives from the product you launched your campaign with
- Upload tab to import images and videos from your laptop.
Click on the URL tab when you're done.
Next, on to the URL tab where you can add the URL of the web page you want your ads to redirect to. You can add multiple URLs to split different web pages.
Note: if you launched your campaign with a product, its URL will automatically set as the default redirecting URL for your ads. Make sure to edit the display link to your preference.
Click on the CTA tab when you're done.
On the CTA tab, choose the call to action button you want your ads to display.
The list of CTA's visible depends on the campaign objective selected. You can also add multiple ones to split the test.
Click on the Description tab when you're done.
The Description tab where you’ll add the headline and description that will appear in your ads. Again, you can add multiple ones to split test.
Click on the Create tab when you're done.
Finally, on the Create tab, you can preview your ad variations on different placements, and enable the ads you want to use in your campaign.
2. Choose ad creatives from the product
- From the left sidebar, click on Product's Creatives
- Select the page posts you want to use as ads by enabling them with this toggle
- You can also click on the View on Facebook button to preview the page post before selecting it.
Note: the page posts selected must have a redirecting URL and call to action button.
Finally, once you're done selecting the page posts you want to use as ads, click on the Next button to proceed to the review tab of your ad creation workflow.
3. Choose page posts from Facebook pages
- Click on Pages in the left sidebar
- Choose the Facebook page you want to select your creatives from. You can choose one page or multiple ones for split testing
- Select the post you want to use in your ads and switch its toggle on. You can choose one post or multiple ones to split test which one works best.
If you selected multiple Facebook pages, you can still choose one post or multiple ones from each page.
Finally, click Next and continue to the Review tab.
4. Choose ads from previous ad campaigns
- In the left sidebar, select Ad campaigns
- Click Choose a campaign. Here you can choose the campaign you want to use ads from
- Select the ad set of your choice
- You'll find all the existing posts you have in the ad set you selected. Now, enable the post you want to use in your new ads. You can choose one or multiple posts to split test which one works best.
Finally, once you're done, click Next and continue to the Review tab.
5. Search Post ID or URL
- Click on Post Id or URL in the sidebar
- Choose Post Id or Post URL
- If you choose Post Id, select the Facebook page your post is from. Right under, enter your post ID and hit Search
- If you choose Post URL, you can proceed to enter your post URL right away and hit Search.
- Click the Search button to display your post
- Enable post using the toggle.
Click Next and continue to the Review tab.
4. Review Ads
The review tab is where you can double-check your task details i. g. ad variations and enable the ones you want to use.
Click Next when you're done reviewing your campaign.
The launch tab is where you:
- Choose Ads Arrangement
- Enable Google Analytics Tagging (optional)
1. Choose Ads Arrangement
Automatically set up your ads as:
- All ads inside each ad set variation, to allow Facebook to automatically optimize your ad delivery
- Each ad variation inside a separate ad set, to force Facebook to spend all the ad set’s budget on each ad.
2. Enable Google Analytics Tagging
Enabling Google Analytics UTM tagging allows you to accurately track your ads' performance beyond Facebook's Pixel events and get advanced insights on your prospects' behavior.
Just enable the UTM tags toggle to tag your ads automatically.
Click Launch to launch your ads.
To keep up with your task's creation status, make sure to go to the History tab from the sidebar.