Generating Custom Audiences
Learn how to generate Custom Audiences automatically with this step-by-step guide
Custom Audiences Overview
Custom Audiences enable you to target an existing audience of people who performed a specific action — on your website, Facebook page, or Instagram profile — among other people on Facebook platforms.
On the Ads Manager interface, Custom Audiences are created before a campaign. Scalify is different.
Custom Audiences are generated automatically during campaign creation.
You can try this on the Ad Sets tab of the following campaigns:
- Targeting, to exclude Custom Audiences from your target audience
- Retargeting, to target a Custom Audience of prospects who interacted with your business
- Retention, to target a Custom Audience of your customers
- Scaling, to create Lookalike Audiences based on Custom Audiences.
If you prefer to test or create Custom Audiences ahead of time, follow the steps below.
1. Select a Template
To create a Custom Audience, choose a pre-built audience template from the following:
Note: You can customize your template in the next step using the Audience builder.
- Customers From Your Orders, to include customers based on your store orders
- Customers From Website Traffic, to include customers based on data from your Facebook Pixel.
- All Website Visitors, to include all your website visitors who visited any page of your website without purchasing a product
- Visitors Who Added a Product To Cart, to include visitors who added a product to their cart but did not purchase
- Visitors Who Reached Checkout, to include visitors who reached checkout but did not purchase
- Hesitating Visitors, including visitors who checked your website at least twice without purchasing
- Deep Browsers, to include the top 25% of prospects that spent the most time on your website
- Visited a Page URL, to include prospects who visited a specific page on your website.
- All Video Watchers, to include people who viewed at least 10 seconds of the video or videos you chose
- Moderate Video Watchers, to include people who viewed at least 25% of the video or videos you chose
- Interested Video Watchers, to include people who viewed at least 50% of the video or videos you chose
- Super Interested Video Watchers, to include people who viewed at least 75% of the video or videos you chose
- Obsessed Video Watchers, to include people who completed watching the video or videos you chose.
Facebook Page Engagement
- Everyone, to include all the people that interacted with your page
- Engaged With a Page Post, to include the people that engaged with any page post or ad on your page
- Click a Call To Action Button, to include the people that clicked a call to action button on your page
- Sent a Message To Your Page, to include the people who started a conversation with your page through Messenger
- Saved Your” Page or a Page Post, to include the people who saved your entire Facebook page or page post.
Instagram Profile Engagement
- Everyone, to include all the people who interacted with your Instagram profile
- Visited Your Profile, to include the people who visited your Instagram profile
- Engaged With a Post or Ad on Your Profile, to include the people who engaged with a post or ad on your profile
- Sent a Message To Your Profile, to include the people who sent a direct message to your Instagram profile
- Saved Your Profile or Post, to include the people who saved your profile or post.
2. Customize Your Template
After selecting a template, use the Audience Builder to customize your Custom Audiences with filters such as:
- Include people who performed a specific action recorded on a specific Pixel, Facebook account, or Instagram profile.
- Exclude people who performed a specific action recorded on a specific Pixel, Facebook account, or Instagram profile.
- Refine people by time spent on your website, frequency of visits, and device type.
- Set the time frame from which you want to retract Pixel data.
- Name the Custom Audience you’ve just created.
Click the Create Custom Audiences button.
You'll be redirected to the History tab, where you can view your Custom audience's creation status.
Note: Once a Custom Audience is created, they'll be saved to your ad account. You can use them any time. Scalify does not delete your custom audiences in the case of plan cancellation.